HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. List your property on GoSection8.com or various rental websites
2. Interview and screen prospective families
3. Select a family based on your screening criteria and fair housing law requirements
4. The family will provide you with the required Request for Tenancy Approval Form (RFTA) to be completed by you and the family.
5. The family submits the RFTA to the HCVP office
6. HCVP Leasing & Contracting unit will contact you to request ownership documents. All units must be registered with Baltimore City.
7. Once all information is received, the HCVP Inspection unit will schedule an inspection.
8. After the unit passes inspection and the move-in date is established, you and the family sign the lease and you will sign the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract.
9. After all documents are signed, the family receives the keys to the unit.
10. The family moves into the unit and payments will commence from the move in date. Payments are made on the 1st and on or about the 15th of each month. Landlords have the sole responsibility for the management and maintenance of the unit